Monday, August 21, 2006

Opening Night!


Finally! Opening night came and went. Boy what an experience it was. To perform infront of an audience is definately exhilirating. It is true when they say that you definately feed of an audience when you perform. It was all the more meaningful that my family was there for opening night. Sure there were a couple of hiccups and a missed line or two. But what the heck, it was still a great night!

It was obvious that most of the audience were very moved by the show. And how could they not be? The play is full or drama, funny moments, heart wrenching moments and beautiful songs. To hear the loud gasp from half the audience when I deliver that slap is truly rewarding. Many asked- did you do it for real? (of course I did dear audience. You would not have reacted the same if I didnt)

All those months of hard work, missing out on parties, headaches, self doubt, blood, sweat and tears certainly paid of.
One little damper on the whole thing is this... well I dont really want to get into the whole thing but let me pose you a question:
WE know that music can clam a person down, energise them, help them go through difficult times, work better, concentrate more, etc , etc..... so, what is so wrong about listening to music when you exercise? Every yoga class, ballet class, gym, etc that I have ever been to uses music to help motivate their students. However, according to one person, it makes you focus on the music therefore you are unable to warm up properly. A load of bull if I ever heard one.
Looks like my idea of a routine of wanting to use music to calm myself down and refocus myself before a show (after a day's work at Maxis) has been shot down before it began.
That sucks.....

No comments: